Looking for an easy appetizer that is perfect for parties?
Try this festive Cranberry Blue Cheese Pecan Cheese Ball. It’s gorgeous and perfect for those times you need something to put out for nibbling. Yummy and highly recommended!
Cranberry Pecan Blue Cheese Ball
1 cup chopped pecans
16 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces crumbled blue cheese (like Gorgonzola)
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (either Tabasco sauce or sriracha sauce)
dried sweetened cranberries, about 2 1/2 cups
- Allow the cream cheese to soften a room temperature.
- Mix everything except the cranberries into the softened cream cheese.
- Form into a ball and press the cranberries into the ball to cover the surface.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Unwrap and serve with crostini or crackers.
This makes a good-sized cheese ball. I like that because it will last all holiday season. It does not spoil even if left out for hours at a party.
Leftovers? Reshape into a ball, cover with more cranberries as needed. Cover in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator until you want it again. It’s so easy to put out for unexpected guests.
You can always reshape it into bite-sized minis if you like. Poke a pretzel stick into each mini to be the handle. Fun!