Here’s a quick Christmas candy that is minty delicious! Top peppermint patties with melted chocolate and crushed candy canes. Now that’s a candy crush I like! They make nice gifts too!
Peppermint Patties Topped with Crushed Candy Canes
- small peppermint patties
- small candy canes
- 9 ounces of chocolate chips, about 1 cup (any kind, but minty chips would be good)
- Unwrap the peppermint patties and place them on a plate.
- Unwrap candy canes and put in a double zipper bag. Crush using jar or can that you pound with.
- In a glass container microwave the chocolate chips for a minute. Stir. Repeat in 20 second intervals until it’s a spreadable consistency. All microwaves are different, so play this by ear. You don’t want to overcook the chocolate or burn it.
- Let it cool some before using on the peppermint patties.
- Put a dollop of melted chocolate on top of each peppermint patty and spread it with a table knife. You can swirl the chocolate or mound it up a little.
- Immediately top with crushed candy canes. You might have to press the pieces in a bit.
- Let the chocolate set up well before storing the candies in a single layer. You can put them in the refrigerator to shorten the wait. These can be stored in the freezer if you like.
If you have any melted chocolate left over, mix in some nuts or dried fruit (dried cranberries or raisins are good), coconut, etc. Drop by the spoonful onto waxed paper or aluminum foil. Or to look extra fancy, drop spoonfuls of melted chocolate and decorate with those items. Yummy either way!
Leftover candy canes? Use them to decorate packages, hang on the tree, add to decorations, use to stir hot chocolate, or use as stocking stuffers. Plus you can use crushed candy canes mixed into vanilla ice cream for a special holiday treat.
Click here for some of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes! They all are pretty enough and yummy enough for gifting too!