|Dad Day Gift Ideas|
Father’s Day is just around the corner. Want to have fun with Dad? Here are some of my favorite Father’s Day gift ideas that don’t cost much, but are special. Some are project ideas that take a little more time, but most are easy to do on Dad’s Day.
1. Breakfast in bed–why should Mom get all the breakfasts in bed? With Mom coordinating in the kitchen this could be a great treat! Turn the tables again and have the kids read a bedtime story to Dad!
2. Wash Dad’s car! Kids of different ages can pitch in doing parts of the job. The kids will be so proud to do this for Dad.
3. Surprise Dad with a picnic lunch in the park followed by a hike or just playing at a playground. Local parks and nearby state parks can be great places for a little adventure that doesn’t cost much. Make some memories and take pictures!
4. Give a certificate for a particular service to be redeemed when it best fits Dad’s schedule. It can be anything from cleaning out the garage to watering the garden to taking him to his favorite restaurant.
5. Does Dad have a beard? Treat him to some specialty grooming products for his beard. Beard Shampoo, beard conditioner, beard oil, etc. might be really appreciated.
6. Take Dad on a family bike ride. Great exercise for all and a wonderful way to have some bonding time. It’s another one of those ideas that are enjoyable for everyone while making for a healthy family.
7. Make a book about Dad. It could be “Things I Like About Dad” or “I Like It When Dad . . . ” Let the kids illustrate it for extra fun. Definitely a keepsake better than a purchased card.
8. Make up a song about Dad and record it for him. You may feel like you are just an ordinary family, but there are things that make your family special and Dad often has a lot to do with that. Celebrate those!
9. Combine #7 and #8 into a family show to present to Dad. Turn it into a video that can be enjoyed over and over again. Kids have fun being actors and movie makers too!
|DIY Terra Cotta Smoker|
10. Take photos of the kids holding I Love You letters or signs. Frame for a great gift and some diy wall decor.
11. Make an easy smoker with a new clay flower pot! Click here for this popular project.
You can combine any of these activities for Dad and make a card essentially saying “You Will Have Fun!” and let him know what’s on the schedule. Spending time with Dad is a super way to celebrate the day.
Click on the tag “Father’s Day” below this post for more great ideas!