|Dolce and Gabbana for Less!|
I love upcycling. You can have a lot of fun and create all sorts of amazing things while you save money and go green. Here are some of my favorite recycling and upcycling projects.
1. Create a Dolce and Gabbana denim bag for nearly nothing instead of paying over $1200 for it. Of course you don’t get the label, but that’s another story. Click here for 5 cool jeans recycling projects.
2. Upcycle that bowling ball! Need some interesting decor for your yard? How about making a one-of-a-kind gazing ball using an old bowling ball? You can cover it in mosaic or even pennies for a great piece of installation art. Make it a family project everyone will remember! Click here for the link.
|Bowling Ball Gazing Ball Ideas|
3. Upcycle with rope and twine for the latest trend in decor. Have an old light fixture that you’d like to update? Wrap plain rope from the hardware store onto it for a look that is very hot now. These can make a discarded lamp or hanging fixture look trendy rather than tired. If you get tired of this look, just take the rope off to use for something else. I love this look with rope around plain cheap mirrors. Click here for some great redos using rope.
4. Who doesn’t love cozy slippers with beautiful knit texture? Just add a cup of hot cocoa and a good book for winter nirvana. All you need is an old sweater that isn’t being worn anymore. Click here for the link. Click the label “recycle sweater” below this post for more great ways to upcycle sweaters. You can always get sweaters at GoodWill, etc. that work well for these projects.
|Easy Rope and Twine Upcycles|
5. Your gifts can look like they came from a boutique when you upcycle ribbons and bits of this and that. This kind of green wrap looks gorgeous and is a lot of fun to make. Click here for inspiration and looks you can copy. You save money and the gift looks
6. Click here for 13 Ways to Recycle/Upcycle All Those Coffee Mugs that are cluttering up your cabinets. There are some great ways to repurpose them!