Happy Spring! Let the change in seasons be good to you and for you! It’s a new season and a new chance to make easy improvements in your finances and well-being. Here are some great ways to improve your quality of life this Spring that will continue to give you benefits all through Summer!
1. With the cold weather we’re having, stores are not getting the kind of traffic they like. This means deeper discounts on winter as well as spring items. It could be worth your time to check out the sales.
2. If you get any warm weather at all, be sure to get out in the sunshine. Take a walk during your lunch hour or on the weekend. It’s therapeutic. You’ll get vitamin D from the sun and plenty of fresh oxygen to your brain. Open your windows on a warmish day to let in some fresh air after a winter of stuffiness. Let out any germs that have accumulated lately!
3. It’s a good time to plan your garden. Even if you’ve not had a garden before, take the plunge! You can save money and know exactly what goes into your vegetables. You can have the cheapest organic vegetables around by doing it yourself. No dirt? Try growing tomatoes and other veggies in containers. It’s amazing how much you can grow in a patio container garden. It’s also an easy way to try your hand at growing something. Isn’t it time to at least try to grow something with the rising prices at the grocery store?
4. Dig in the dirt to improve your mood. It’s a little known effect, but there are bacteria in soil that get into your skin and actually improve your mood. It’s a great way to manage stress or prevent stress. All for free! Click here for more about “Taking the Nature Cure.”
5. Spring cleaning is good for clearing your mind as well as your surroundings. Just seeing clear areas or an organized closet gives the feeling of gaining control. With our hectic lives, that can make a big difference! I don’t enjoy cleaning that much, but here’s how I trick myself into doing some Spring cleaning.
Don’t let these springtime opportunities get away from you! Click on any of the labels below this post for more ideas.
I get most of my winter clothes done shopping in March. I got a bit of a late start on my garden this year but so far it’s doing great!
I buy mos of my winter clothes in March! The garden gets a good workout around this time of the year as well!
Hi, Donna! Kudos for starting early! Coffee is my friend, but it still takes a while to adjust to the time change, I know. Nice to see you here!
Donna Brown says
I started my spring cleaning early, but since the time change, I feel sleepy all the time.