|As winter drags on, it’s nice to have an excuse for a party. The Oscars works well. People who don’t like the films can make fun of them and the actors. Then there are the gowns and speeches. Something for everyone.|
Here are the recipes that give the most Oscar style for the money: (click for the recipe)
- Zuppa Toscana, a rich creamy restaurant style soup
- Crostini, appetizers that would also go well with the soup
- Simple Delicious Crepes that can be used for a main dish or for dessert depending on which fillings you use
- Fondue: can be cheese fondue or chocolate dessert fondue
- Tortoni: freeze these ice cream treats in foil cupcake liners for easy serving
- Biscotti: wonderful with wine, coffee, tea, milk hot chocolate and/or tortoni
- A wine and cheese tasting where each guest brings a bottle of wine and some cheese–you provide the crackers, breads, and glasses
- Shrimp Caesar Salad: not as expensive as you think
- Buttery Popovers–great with the shrimp Caesar salad, but wonderful stuffed with cheese, ham and cheese, cheese and jalapeno, or chicken salad
If this is not your thing, think about another way to help winter go a little faster. Maybe a family game night? You can always pretend you’re in a warmer place by throwing a Luau party for family or friends. It’s an easy, inexpensive party that is a lot of fun.
Click on any of the tags below this post for more fun ideas!