I learned something from my kid brother the other day.
You can take rotisserie chicken from very good to fabulous with just Italian salad dressing. Yes, salad dressing.
Trust me, you will be glad you tried this. It is quite possibly the best chicken I’ve ever tasted.
Rotisserie Chicken Upgrade
1. Get a rotisserie chicken or two (enough for leftovers because the leftovers are so good too) from your favorite store.
2. At home pull/cut it into typical serving pieces. Remove the skin if you want to. We did & it was still really yummy made this way.
3. You’ll want an oven-proof pan big enough for all the chicken pieces to fit in one layer. Spray the pan with cooking spray and then place the chicken in it.
4. Pour Italian salad dressing over the chicken pieces so that they all get some on top. You can use the dry packaged mix for Italian dressing if you first mix it with oil and vinegar according to package directions.
5. Cover with foil and place in a 350 degree F. oven for a total of 30 minutes. About every 10 minutes take it out and turn the chicken pieces over to keep the tops from getting too dried out.
Serve with rice or whatever you like. The flavor is just wonderful.
Our Quick Chicken Dinner?
We made corn on the cob while the chicken was in the oven. Added purchased cole slaw and cut open a watermelon for dessert. This was our quick meal for my mom when she wasn’t up to going out for a meal. It was enjoyed by all!
Leftovers are just as tasty cold in sandwiches or on salads.
Keep this one in mind when you want a great dish to bring to a family in need and you don’t have a lot of time.
Jose, you get the best of both worlds this way! Buy a rotisserie chicken and “doctor it up” this way to make it healthier AND tastier!
PS I can’t figure out how it’s cheaper to buy cooked than to make it yourself either. Save money & enjoy a tasty chicken!
I love rotisserie chicken! My biggest problem in making it at home is that you can buy a cooked one for less than a raw one that you have to prepare yourself. Try as I might, I’ll never figure out the logic behind that!
That’s supposed to be “ate all the leftovers” BTW, the leftovers are good cold too.
femmefrugality, it is sooooo good. The dressing adds that certain something that makes all the difference. It’s not too strong a flavor, just enough. We all the leftovers yesterday and my mouth is watering again just thinking about it.
Looks so delish! I love Italian dressing as a marinade for chicken…