I love the idea of breakfast sandwiches that are low calorie and yummy. Most breakfast sandwiches sold at fast food restaurants are so loaded with saturated fat that I can almost feel my arteries clogging. These are light, yet feel like treats.
Why not try some breakfast sandwiches that are not only healthy, but also fresh tasting with some unexpected flavor combinations. It reminds me of the movie Ratatouille where the hero tasted a strawberry in the same bite as some cheese!
Here are the ideas that are so easy they practically make themselves:
1. Peanut butter and strawberry sandwich (thinking of the Ratatouille movie with this one)
2. Cinnamon raisin grilled cheese (who knew?)
3. Open-faced pear sandwich with ricotta and honey (be still my heart)
4. Banana on hot dog bun with peanut butter and drizzled with honey (great snack for kids!)
5. Scrambled eggs in a whole wheat wrap with spinach and feta (Mmmmm . . )
6. Waffle sandwich with thin sliced ham and a drizzle of maple syrup
7. Bagels and lox with all the fixins’ (Yes! Could also work as appetizers if cut into small pieces)
These would be fun for kids to make. Maybe this summer they could try making some of these easy to assemble treats. They would make healthy snacks too.
Click here for these ideas at Delish. You might get inspired to invent your own tasty breakfast sandwiches
What are some of your favorite breakfast combinations? My daughter swears by an English muffin topped with scrambled eggs and a slice of cheese. I do like a Chobani yogurt with a few almonds. Lots of protein for a small amount of calories. Yummy too.