How about an Easter brunch that you don’t have to stress over? Almost all of these items can be made ahead of time & just warmed up in time for serving. You’ll have more time to enjoy your friends and family. Just keep a list handy of which items you have where so you don’t forget to bring something out. Even if you make just a few of things ahead you will be making your day a lot easier! If you make it a potluck it gets even easier! Family, friends, food, beautiful weather, what’s not to like?
1. Cabbage Bowl Dip with Raw Vegetables is a great way to have some bunny food! And nearly everyone likes something so fresh. Plus it’s really attractive with the dip in the hollowed out cabbage. You can prep everything the night before & have the kids arrange it the next day.
2. Beautiful Strawberries filled with Cream are always wonderful. You can add them to a fruit plate with other cut up fruit if you like. Or serve them for dessert with cookies.
3. Overnight French Toast with Apples and Raisins can, of course, be made the night before & popped in the oven the next day. So yummy.
4. Famous Spinach and Bacon Quiche can be made the day before and reheated.
5. The Real Honey Glazed Ham Recipe is easy to make and so much cheaper than buying from the specialty ham shop. You can make this several days ahead and just reheat. Leftovers are great.
6. Quick Garlic Green Beans can be made almost at the last minute and add a nice contrasting color to the ham.
7. Quick Ambrosia Fruit Salad can be made the day before. It would be wonderful on a slice of plain Green Pistachio Bundt Cake. The cake could be made two days before and kept in the refrigerator. Or make the cake before that & freeze, wrapped well in plastic wrap. Take it out the night before or early Easter morning to thaw outside the refrigerator.
I don’t see the need for potatoes with this menu, but if you have to have them, these No-Fuss Roasted Red Potatoes are really easy. Then again, macaroni and cheese from the box is traditional in some families. Now that’s easy!
If you have time, the Easter Bunny Ears Pancakes with Pink Yogurt are a lot of fun for the kids. Easy and yummy!
Get the kids to make some easy paper flowers to scatter around the table.
They might need a little help, but they don’t have to be perfect. They will be proud when everyone praises their effort to make the table so pretty and colorful.
The whole family might like to make some amazing paper airplanes after brunch and have a “fly-off” in the afternoon. Nothing like a little fresh air and sunshine.
Do you have any tricks for doing a brunch ahead this way? There’s nothing wrong with making blueberry muffins from a box mix the day before either. I love them with lemon poppy seed muffins made from a mix too. Yum. I wish you a very Happy Easter!