It’s simple to make wonderful iced coffee with instant coffee powder, sugar, water, and ice.
This is very close to what you might get at an upscale coffee shop and it’s definitely cheaper!
Quick and Easy Iced Coffee for One (adapted from recipe at All Recipes)
1-2 teaspoons of sugar (I prefer 2) 3/4 cup milk (can be non-fat milk)
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules 3 Tablespoon warm water
In a coffee cup put the sugar, coffee granules, and warm water. Stir with a spoon until the sugar and coffee granules are dissolved. Pour into a tall glass filled with ice, then add the milk. Stir with a spoon until the coffee is very cold.
1) If you want more of a mocha flavor just add a bit of chocolate syrup to taste. You could even make a swirl of chocolate syrup on the top to look fancy.
2) Add whipped cream to the top with cinnamon sprinkled on top of that.
3) For a very rich taste, add some sweetened condensed milk instead of the regular milk.
4) For the skinniest version don’t add sugar or milk. Or add just one of those.
5) I like to add coffee flavorings that are made for hot coffee. These flavored syrups for coffee often are so good that I don’t need to add sugar. At Sam’s Club I buy DaVinci brand Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup, but it comes in other flavors. At regular grocery stores I’ve seen the Flavor-Mate brand in small bottles. The larger ones at Sam’s are definitely a better buy. I refill the small dropper bottles from the big bottle so I can get the right amount in the coffee. Just a few drops is enough for a serving, so a bottle of flavoring lasts a long time.
6) You can make this with decaf if you don’t want as much caffeine. Decaf coffee contains some caffeine, but it probably won’t keep you awake at night. I’ve been making decaf iced coffees in the afternoons and evenings and I love it!
Try this great way to cool off whenever you want a special coffee and enjoy the savings. Saving money never tasted so good!