Surprise everyone with little ice cream snowmen in shot glasses! Make them alcoholic snowmen or non-alcoholic snowmen.
You can make these cute snowman shooters for very little money but with plenty of holiday pizzaz. You can use shot glasses or any small glass. Clear plastic shooter glasses work well too.
SNOW MAN SHOTS
In each glass:
- Pour about 1 inch of chocolate syrup, purchased or homemade.
- Add one inch of crushed candy canes. (Optional)
- Add 1 inch of peppermint schnapps or creme de menthe. (Leave out for the non-alcoholic version.)
- Using an ice cream scoop add one scoop of vanilla ice cream. (Do not use French vanilla because it will be light yellow.)
- Using a smaller ice cream scoop or a melon ball scooper, place a smaller ball of ice cream atop the larger ice cream ball.
- Place in the freezer until about 30 minutes before serving.
- Take out of freezer and add the face: mini chocolate chips for the eyes and a small piece of carrot for the nose.
- Sprinkle each snowman shooter with some coconut “snowflakes.”
- Serve and enjoy!
Variation: Heat the chocolate syrup in the microwave until it is just warm. Then assemble as before, but skip the time in the freezer. This works best when you don’t have too many to make.
Warning: you may become famous for your snowmen!
Photo credit: LauraTrevey.com